When dealing with technology, most business owners need the assistance of an IT Help Desk. One question remains, is it really necessary? Why is it important for your business?
When your employees need someone to troubleshoot a printer, upgrade a laptop, or update security on a device, it’s the Help Desk that comes to the rescue.
An IT Help Desk is responsible for responding to technical questions of its users or clients. IT companies use a Help Desk software that enables a support team to track, prioritize, and resolve customer issues. A Help Desk is designed for users to contact an IT expert whenever they are experiencing a technical problem.
Why Outsource Your Help Desk?
As your company continues to grow, you and your employee’s demands also increase and while some organization has internal IT support team, outsourcing proves to be a better option as it provides multiple benefits. Let’s look at the lists:
1. Quality: Outsourcing your Help Desk to a professional IT service provider will lead to improving the quality of your service along with a decrease in response time. Your company could look at the issues and use this information to improve.
2. Scalability: Your support system also needs an upgrade. With an internal Help Desk, it would consume your time, resources, and investment once the demand increases but when you outsource, these problems can easily be lessened.
3. Reduce Cost: When you have an in-house tech team, it requires a huge cost because everything must be purchased and maintained – computers, telephone systems to multiple software – in addition to recruiting, hiring, and training.
By outsourcing your IT support, you are eliminating these strains and freeing up more of your resources for other vital services and save money at the same time.
4. Easy Management: When you outsource a Help Desk, they will do most of the work for you. As a business owner, you do not have to worry about tracking your internal IT department’s performance, time, and replacement when they leave.
5. Flexibility: If you have an office running a 9 am – 5 pm schedule, you will not have someone working on the Help Desk after the business hours which can lead to complaints if a client or employee calls in for assistance. Outsourcing Help Desk support from a professional IT service provider will offer you a 24/7 assistance.
A Help Desk is made available to your users or client, so they can convey issues with regards to technology or services. Like in any relationship, the key for it to last is communication. When issues are resolved quickly, it will leave your employees or users in a good light.
Understanding the Help Desk Support Levels
Technical reports are classified as either critical or non-critical, and each support technician is group into different levels depending on their expertise to resolve an issue. Each time you call for any certain technical issues, it goes to a specific level of support.
This is the basic level of customer support which requires a customer representative to have a broad understanding of a product and provide tips on how to manage a problem. This includes basic technical issues such as password resets or printer troubleshooting.
In this level of support, the IT representative has more experience and handles more complex technical issues beyond a level 1 technician’s capabilities including software troubleshooting and network support. Solutions are based on experiences or within a database.
IT support technicians handle the most complex problem in this level. Issues include infrastructure, data management requiring a deeper analysis of the operating system, programs, or applications.
Choosing Uniserve IT Solutions
Businesses that want to remain competitive in a progressively complex and connected market need to find and leverage every strategic advantage possible that is why they are turning to outsourced Help Desk with Uniserve IT Solutions.
Contact us today and find out how your business can benefit from our services.